I meditated on Psalm 10 today. It begins:
“1 Why, O Lord, do you stand far away? Why do you hide yourself in times of trouble?”
I wonder if anyone thinks or feels this way. I pray that you can conclude as the psalmist does at the end of his prayer:
“17 O Lord, you hear the desire of the afflicted; you will strengthen their heart; you will incline your ear 18 to do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed, so that man who is of the earth may strike terror no more.”
Praying for those who are in need of God’s palpable nearness–that you might find it in Christ.
Here are a few news and notes for this week:
- World Cup Social: join us after service to watch the second half of the World Cup finals match. We will stream the game downstairs. Friends welcome (invite them to service, too!).
- Join us for Summer Joint New Community every Wed, 7-9 pm @ 826 EglintonAve E. Join us for a time of fellowship, Scripture study, and prayer.
- Save the Date: Summer New Community BBQ. Join us Wed Jul 25, 5-9 pm at the Chungs’ for food and fellowship (doors open at 5, BBQ ready by 6). Burgers, dogs, drinks provided. Please bring a side/dessert, if able.
- Parents, the third and final evening of summer fun for the kids is this Thursday, July 19. Please contact Chris (email@example.com) if you have any questions.
- Parents, the children will join us upstairs for worship on Sun, Aug 5 for the first half of service. We look forward to this joint gathering.
- Reminder: Summer Hiatus for Saturday Morning Prayer for Jul and Aug.
Grace and peace,