Here’s some news and notes for this week:
- “Overflowing Grace Today” Blog. Check out the latest post, The God-Man King Has Come, by clicking here. Teaser: there’s a wonderful Christmas story to read and a video to watch. Check it out!
- Saturday Morning Prayer resumes this weekend. 9-10 am @ 826 Eglinton Ave E in the upper room.
- Spread the Word! Christmas Sunday Worship. Invite friends and family to our Christmas Sunday worship on December 23, 10:30 am. There are invitation cards at the back of the offering table in the auditorium that you can hand out.
- Last Call for MET Christmas Banquet Volunteers! THIS Saturday, December 15. We are looking for 3 more volunteers to help make our MET Christmas banquet a blessing to women freed from and still caught in trafficking. If interested, contact Joel Baker email@example.com.
- Coming Soon in January 2019: Freedom Session. Freedom Session is a 20 week, intensive healing-discipleship journey that uncovers the roots of pain in our lives and invites Jesus Christ to heal those areas of our hearts. Freedom Session deals with real issues, like pornography, broken marriages, sexual woundedness and abuse, depression, anger, fear and addiction. Beneath these symptoms, you will find a wounded and empty heart, looking for hope and meaning. As Jesus begins to heal the heart, the unhealthy and destructive ways we used to escape the pain in our lives become less and less attractive. By applying the gospel to our souls, we are freed from our “drugs of choice”—the things we use to attempt to escape the pain in our lives. Shame loses its grip on our lives and the lies that controlled us are replaced by God’s grace and truth. If interested, please contact Susan Noda by clicking here. For more info, check out www.freedomsession.com.
- TGC Love A Village Summer Mission Trip Info Talk. Join us Sun Jan 13 after service if you want to learn about our mission in Malawi this summer.
- ‘Because He Came’ Christmas Offering. Join us as we begin a new annual church family rhythm and give above and beyond our regular tithes and offerings to organizations that minister to the “widows, orphans, the poor, and foreigners.” Our 2018 goal is $6000 ($2000 each to MET, Scott Mission, Jesus Network). We will be collecting during the month of Dec until Sun 12/30. On Pushpay, look for the ‘Because He Came’ category or use the specially marked envelopes at the back offering table. ALL proceeds, including funds raised beyond our goal, go to our donees.
- Sunday Worship Volunteers: Can’t make a confirmed volunteering slot? Learn the Convenience of Replacing or Swapping Yourself by clicking here.
- ESL occurs every Sunday evening, 6:30-8:30 pm. If you would like to help out ESL, contact Colin Brewster by clicking here. Or check out the ESL webpage for more info by clicking here.
- Be Glad! Join us for Saturday Morning Prayer (Saturdays, 9 am, 826 Eglinton Ave E, upper room) and Morning Communion (1st and 3rd Sundays, 9:30 am, 826 Eglinton Ave E).
- Words to Hide in Your Heart. If you don’t have a Scripture reading and meditating plan, why not start with these weekly words to hide in your heart below? Or consider following the New City Catechism (our church is following it each week for a year). Check it out by clicking here.
“Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because all sinned.” Romans 5:12
“And the angel said to her, ‘Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favour with God. And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you shall call his name Jesus.’” Luke 1:30-31