Here’s some news and notes for this week:
- Spread the Word! Christmas Sunday Worship. Invite friends and family to our Christmas Sunday worship on December 23, 10:30 am. There will be singing by the children and our TGC choir.
- “Overflowing Grace Today” Blog. Check out the latest post, “Because He Came” Special Christmas Offering to learn about our church’s desire to be a financial blessing this Christmas. We are beginning a new annual church family rhythm, seeking to give above and beyond our regular tithes and offerings to organizations that minister to the “widows, orphans, the poor, and foreigners.” Our 2018 goal is $6000 ($2000 each to MET, Scott Mission, Jesus Network). We will be collecting during the month of December until Sunday, 12/30. On Pushpay, look for the ‘Because He Came’ category or use the specially marked envelopes at the back offering table. ALL proceeds, including funds raised beyond our goal, go to our donees.
- Coming Soon in January 2019: Freedom Session. Freedom Session is a 20 week, intensive healing-discipleship journey that uncovers the roots of pain in our lives and invites Jesus Christ to heal those areas of our hearts. Freedom Session deals with real issues, like pornography, broken marriages, sexual woundedness and abuse, depression, anger, fear and addiction. Beneath these symptoms, you will find a wounded and empty heart, looking for hope and meaning. As Jesus begins to heal the heart, the unhealthy and destructive ways we used to escape the pain in our lives become less and less attractive. By applying the gospel to our souls, we are freed from our “drugs of choice”—the things we use to attempt to escape the pain in our lives. Shame loses its grip on our lives and the lies that controlled us are replaced by God’s grace and truth. If interested, please contact Susan Noda by clicking here. For more info, check out www.freedomsession.com and check out our blog post about Freedom Session.
- TGC Love A Village Summer Mission Trip Info Talk. Join us Sun Jan 13 after service if you want to learn about our mission in Malawi this summer.
- Sunday Worship Volunteers: Can’t make a confirmed volunteering slot? Learn the Convenience of Replacing or Swapping Yourself by clicking here.
- ESL occurs every Sunday evening, 6:30-8:30 pm. If you would like to help out ESL, contact Colin Brewster by clicking here. Or check out the ESL webpage for more info by clicking here.
- Be Glad! Join us for Saturday Morning Prayer (Saturdays, 9 am, 826 Eglinton Ave E, upper room) and Morning Communion (1st and 3rd Sundays, 9:30 am, 826 Eglinton Ave E).
- Words to Hide in Your Heart. If you don’t have a Scripture reading and meditating plan, why not start with these weekly words to hide in your heart below? Or consider following the New City Catechism (our church is following it each week for a year). Check it out by clicking here.
“For by works of the law no human being will be justified in his sight, since through the law comes knowledge of sin.” Romans 3:20
The book of the genealogy of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham. Matthew 1:1