Here’s some news and notes for this week:
- “Overflowing Grace Today” Blog
- Check out the guest post Why We Can Trust The Word by Phillip Brown of Truth Faith Canada. The New Year is always a great time to renew a commitment to reading Scripture. This article is solid argument for confidence in Scripture as God’s very Word. Enjoy!
- Check out a short exhortation on some new habits for the new year here, including Scripture reading and participating in community.
- Ladies Save the Date! Women’s New Community Breakfast Sat Jan 26, 9:15-11:30 am. Featuring a panel of women at different seasons of life and how God helps them meet their specific challenges.
- Coming Soon in January 2019: Freedom Session. Freedom Session is a 20 week, intensive healing-discipleship journey that uncovers the roots of pain in our lives and invites Jesus Christ to heal those areas of our hearts. Freedom Session deals with real issues, like pornography, broken marriages, sexual woundedness and abuse, depression, anger, fear and addiction. Beneath these symptoms, you will find a wounded and empty heart, looking for hope and meaning. As Jesus begins to heal the heart, the unhealthy and destructive ways we used to escape the pain in our lives become less and less attractive. By applying the gospel to our souls, we are freed from our “drugs of choice”—the things we use to attempt to escape the pain in our lives. Shame loses its grip on our lives and the lies that controlled us are replaced by God’s grace and truth. If interested, please contact Susan Noda by clicking here. For more info, check out www.freedomsession.com and check out our blog post about Freedom Session. FIRST INTRO SESSION: Tuesday, January 22, 7-9 pm @ 826 Eglinton Ave E in the downstairs hall.
- TGC Love A Village Summer Mission Trip Info Talk. Join us Sun Jan 13 after service if you want to learn about our mission in Malawi this summer.
- Sunday Worship Volunteers: Can’t make a confirmed volunteering slot? Learn the Convenience of Replacing or Swapping Yourself by clicking here.
- ESL occurs every Sunday evening, 6:30-8:30 pm. If you would like to help out ESL, contact Colin Brewster by clicking here. Or check out the ESL webpage for more info by clicking here.
- Be Glad! Join us for Saturday Morning Prayer (Saturdays, 9 am, 826 Eglinton Ave E, upper room) and Morning Communion (1st and 3rd Sundays, 9:30 am, 826 Eglinton Ave E).
- Words to Hide in Your Heart. If you don’t have a Scripture reading and meditating plan, why not start with these weekly words to hide in your heart below? Or consider following the New City Catechism (our church is following it each week for a year). Check it out by clicking here.
“For by works of the law no human being will be justified in his sight, since through the law comes knowledge of sin.” Romans 3:20
The book of the genealogy of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham. Matthew 1:1