Here’s some news and notes for this week:
- Ladies Save the Date! Women’s New Community Breakfast Sat Jan 26, 9:15-11:30 am. Featuring a panel of women at different seasons of life and how God helps them meet their specific challenges. Click here to RSVP.
- Coming Soon in January 2019: Freedom Session. Freedom Session is a 20 week, intensive healing-discipleship journey that uncovers the roots of pain in our lives and invites Jesus Christ to heal those areas of our hearts. Freedom Session deals with real issues, like pornography, broken marriages, sexual woundedness and abuse, depression, anger, fear and addiction. Beneath these symptoms, you will find a wounded and empty heart, looking for hope and meaning. As Jesus begins to heal the heart, the unhealthy and destructive ways we used to escape the pain in our lives become less and less attractive. By applying the gospel to our souls, we are freed from our “drugs of choice”—the things we use to attempt to escape the pain in our lives. Shame loses its grip on our lives and the lies that controlled us are replaced by God’s grace and truth. If interested, please contact Susan Noda by clicking here. For more info, check out www.freedomsession.com and check out our blog post about Freedom Session. FIRST INTRO SESSION: Tuesday, January 22, 7-9 pm @ 826 Eglinton Ave E in the downstairs hall.
- TGC Love A Village Summer Mission Trip Info Talk. Join us THIS Sun Jan 13 after service if you want to learn about our mission in Malawi this summer.
- Lunch Laugh Learn Resumes Next Month on Sunday, February 10.
- Coming Soon! New Community: “Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner?” Week of Hospitality, Feb 18-23. We are envisioning a week of dinners. We are looking for hosts to open up their homes and prepares meals. Guests can bring dessert and drinks. We will have random sign ups to each dinner. The dinners will be part surprise, part overflowing grace, and part building community! If you would like to host a dinner, please e-mail Sam Ens (click here) the number of people you are able to host. Guest RSVP will begin in a few weeks after we have organized the hosts.
- Men Save the Date! Men’s New Community Breakfast Sat Feb 23. Topic: The Power of Our Words and Healthy Communication.
- Sunday Worship Volunteers: Can’t make a confirmed volunteering slot? Learn the Convenience of Replacing or Swapping Yourself by clicking here.
- ESL occurs every Sunday evening, 6:30-8:30 pm. If you would like to help out ESL, contact Colin Brewster by clicking here. Or check out the ESL webpage for more info by clicking here.
- Be Glad! Join us for Saturday Morning Prayer (Saturdays, 9 am, 826 Eglinton Ave E, upper room) and Morning Communion (1st and 3rd Sundays, 9:30 am, 826 Eglinton Ave E).
- Words to Hide in Your Heart. If you don’t have a Scripture reading and meditating plan, why not start with these weekly words to hide in your heart below? Or consider following the New City Catechism (our church is following it each week for a year). Check it out by clicking here.
“Yet is was the will of the LORD to crush him; he has put him to grief; when his soul makes an offering for guilt, he shall see his offspring; he shall prolong his days; the will of the LORD shall prosper in his hand. Out of the anguish of his soul he shall see and be satisfied; by his knowledge shall the righteous one, my servant, make many to be accounted righteous, and he shall bear their iniquities.” Isaiah 53:10-11
Though a sinner does evil a hundred times and prolongs his life, yet I know that it will be well with those who fear God, because they fear before him. Ecclesiastes 8:12