Please note a new section in our weekly updates, “Serving One Another.” As needs arise within our church, we will communicate opportunities to serve one another. Thanks for being the body of Christ!
Serving One Another
- Please pray for Kim Cadeau. Continued prayers for Kim’s recovery from the embolization and for the future embolization procedures are much appreciated.
- Please pray for Karen Walton as she continues to recover. The latest update from Karen: “I cannot thank you enough for your prayers and support during these past months! This morning I met with my surgeon for followup. The margins of my biopsy and all the lymph nodes are free of cancer. The surgeon’s words: ‘You are disease free. We are so pleased with your results. It does not get any better than this.’ The Lord has delivered me! Thank you again for your prayers for us during this journey.”
- Please pray for Justin Kim as he interviews for college/university applications. Pray for wisdom, winsomeness, and peace that surpasses all understanding from on high.
- Please pray for Ramon and Gabriele Sa and Pooya as they pursue permanent residency in Canada.
Other News and Notes
- No New Communities next week in light of Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner?.
- Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner? RSVPing is now open. To register, click here.
- Men Save the Date! Men’s New Community Breakfast Sat Feb 23. Topic: The Power of Our Words and Healthy Communication. To register, click here.
- Be a Blessing! Use Your Time and Talents to Encourage the Church. Are you looking to serve? Please fill out this Google Form to indicate areas you are interested in serving. (We are especially looking for new volunteers for the nursery, children’s ministry, and music ministry.) Then someone will contact you to follow up and help you discern where to serve.
- Sunday Worship Volunteers: Can’t make a confirmed volunteering slot? Learn the Convenience of Replacing or Swapping Yourself by clicking here.
- ESL occurs every Sunday evening, 6:30-8:30 pm. If you would like to help out ESL, contact Colin Brewster by clicking here. Or check out the ESL webpage for more info by clicking here.
- Be Glad! Join us for Saturday Morning Prayer (Saturdays, 9 am, 826 Eglinton Ave E, upper room) and Morning Communion (1st and 3rd Sundays, 9:30 am, 826 Eglinton Ave E).
- Words to Hide in Your Heart. If you don’t have a Scripture reading and meditating plan, why not start with these weekly words to hide in your heart below? Or consider following the New City Catechism (our church is following it each week for a year). Check it out by clicking here.
“God raised him up, loosing the pangs of death, because it was not possible for him to be held by it.” Acts 2:24
The words of a wise man’s mouth win him favour, but the lips of a fool consume him.” Ecclesiastes 10:12