Please note a new section in our weekly updates, “Serving One Another.” As needs arise within our church, we will communicate opportunities to serve one another. Thanks for being the body of Christ!
Serving One Another
- Please pray for Kim Cadeau. Continued prayers for Kim’s recovery from the embolization and for the future embolization procedures are much appreciated.
- Please pray for Karen Walton as she continues to recover. The latest update: “Yesterday (Feb 20) the surgeon advised that she have a dilation because she could no longer eat or drink. She was able to have the dilation done today. The doctor who did the procedure said the passage from her throat to the stomach had become extremely narrow, but he was able to stretch it a bit, so now she can again drink liquids and have pureed foods. He said that the passage may constrict again and another dilation may be necessary. Karen is asking for prayer that the passage would not constrict again. So let us ask the Lord to keep the passage open so that she will be able to continue drinking and eating. She is very thankful that she has such excellent doctors and that she was able to have this procedure done today on such short notice.“
- Please pray for Ramon and Gabriele Sa and Pooya as they pursue permanent residency in Canada.
Other News and Notes
- New Communities resume this week.
- New Sermon Series: Growing Together–Becoming all we are meant to be by exalting Jesus for all he is meant to be! “Become your best self!” Self-actualization and self-development have cultic status in our culture. But when life’s stresses, sicknesses and the inevitability of death confront us, we are forced to admit that we are ultimately powerless to “become our best self.” How wonderful is it, then, that Jesus Christ holds out a guaranteed path to perfection through his gospel of grace? Join us on Sundays, February 24 to June 9 as we learn from the apostle Paul’s letter to the Colossians about how to become all that we were meant to be by exalting Jesus to all that he is preeminently meant to be in our lives!
- Women’s New Community: Heart to Heart Discipleship Lunch. Sun Mar 3, 12 pm. If interested in fellowship with other women at TGC, we invite you to join us and find out more about Heart to Heart.
- Be a Blessing! Use Your Time and Talents to Encourage the Church. Are you looking to serve? Please fill out this Google Form to indicate areas you are interested in serving. (We are especially looking for new volunteers for the nursery, children’s ministry, and music ministry.) Then someone will contact you to follow up and help you discern where to serve.
- Sunday Worship Volunteers: Can’t make a confirmed volunteering slot? Learn the Convenience of Replacing or Swapping Yourself by clicking here.
- ESL occurs every Sunday evening, 6:30-8:30 pm. If you would like to help out ESL, contact Colin Brewster by clicking here. Or check out the ESL webpage for more info by clicking here.
- Be Glad! Join us for Saturday Morning Prayer (Saturdays, 9 am, 826 Eglinton Ave E, upper room) and Morning Communion (1st and 3rd Sundays, 9:30 am, 826 Eglinton Ave E).
- Words to Hide in Your Heart. If you don’t have a Scripture reading and meditating plan, why not start with these weekly words to hide in your heart below? Or consider following the New City Catechism (our church is following it each week for a year). Check it out by clicking here.
“God raised him up, loosing the pangs of death, because it was not possible for him to be held by it.” Acts 2:24
The words of a wise man’s mouth win him favour, but the lips of a fool consume him.” Ecclesiastes 10:12