Please note a new section in our weekly updates, “Serving One Another.” As needs arise within our church, we will communicate opportunities to serve one another. Thanks for being the body of Christ!
Serving One Another
- Please pray for Kim Cadeau. From the family: “We would like to express our deepest thanks to everyone for all your love and support over the last few weeks. Your prayers were felt and the gift of food and gift cards were greatly appreciated. Kim has healed very well from the first procedure, and is feeling like her normal self again. Tuesday, March 5th, she is scheduled to return to the hospital for a second procedure. Please pray that this procedure will go as smoothly as last time and that Kim will heal quickly. We are so thankful and blessed to be a part of the Trinity Grace Church community.”
- Please pray for Karen Walton as she continues to recover. The latest update: “Karen will be having weekly dilations (every Thursday) for 6 weeks. Please pray that these treatments will be successful in widening the passageway so that she can swallow food.”
Other News and Notes
- Women’s New Community: Heart to Heart Discipleship Lunch. This Sunday March 3, 12 pm. If interested in fellowship with other women at TGC, we invite you to join us and find out more about Heart to Heart.
- Duke of Kent Duke Next Friday. These socials are a great opportunity to invite out friends who are not connected to the church. Click here for more info.
- Lunch Laugh Learn is next Sunday, March 10. Please bring a dish/dessert to share, if able.
- New Sermon Series: Growing Together–Becoming all we are meant to be by exalting Jesus for all he is meant to be! Missed last Sunday’s sermon? Fret not. You can catch up and listen to the sermon here. “Become your best self!” Self-actualization and self-development have cultic status in our culture. But when life’s stresses, sicknesses and the inevitability of death confront us, we are forced to admit that we are ultimately powerless to “become our best self.” How wonderful is it, then, that Jesus Christ holds out a guaranteed path to perfection through his gospel of grace? Join us on Sundays, February 24 to June 9 as we learn from the apostle Paul’s letter to the Colossians about how to become all that we were meant to be by exalting Jesus to all that he is preeminently meant to be in our lives!
- Sunday Worship Volunteers: Can’t make a confirmed volunteering slot? Learn the Convenience of Replacing or Swapping Yourself by clicking here.
- ESL occurs every Sunday evening, 6:30-8:30 pm. If you would like to help out ESL, contact Colin Brewster by clicking here. Or check out the ESL webpage for more info by clicking here.
- Be Glad! Join us for Saturday Morning Prayer (Saturdays, 9 am, 826 Eglinton Ave E, upper room) and Morning Communion (1st and 3rd Sundays, 9:30 am, 826 Eglinton Ave E).
- Words to Hide in Your Heart. If you don’t have a Scripture reading and meditating plan, why not start with these weekly words to hide in your heart below? Or consider following the New City Catechism (our church is following it each week for a year). Check it out by clicking here.
“For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.” Colossians 5:21
“Grace to you and peace from God our Father.” Colossians 1:2