Please note a new section in our weekly updates, “Serving One Another.” As needs arise within our church, we will communicate opportunities to serve one another through prayer and . Thanks for being the body of Christ!
Serving One Another
- Please pray for Kim Cadeau. Kim is in a lot of pain after the procedure. The procedure is part of a strategy to fight her cancer that has come out of remission. Please pray that Kim will heal quickly.
- Please pray for Karen Walton as she continues to recover. The latest update: “Karen will be having weekly dilations (every Thursday) for 6 weeks. Please pray that these treatments will be successful in widening the passageway so that she can swallow food.”
- Please pray for Ryan Nicholas’ father. Ryan’s father is hospitalized in Ottawa. Please pray for a correct diagnosis by the doctors.
Other News and Notes
- Duke of Kent Duke TODAY! These socials are a great opportunity to invite out friends who are not connected to the church. Click here for more info.
- Lunch Laugh Learn is THIS Sunday, March 10. Please bring a dish/dessert to share, if able. This Sunday’s “Learn” is to simply enjoy each other’s company over lunch and learn more about one another.
- New Sermon Series: Growing Together–Becoming all we are meant to be by exalting Jesus for all he is meant to be! Missed last Sunday’s sermon? Fret not. You can catch up and listen to the sermon here. “Become your best self!” Self-actualization and self-development have cultic status in our culture. But when life’s stresses, sicknesses and the inevitability of death confront us, we are forced to admit that we are ultimately powerless to “become our best self.” How wonderful is it, then, that Jesus Christ holds out a guaranteed path to perfection through his gospel of grace? Join us on Sundays, February 24 to June 9 as we learn from the apostle Paul’s letter to the Colossians about how to become all that we were meant to be by exalting Jesus to all that he is preeminently meant to be in our lives!
- Sunday Worship Volunteers: Can’t make a confirmed volunteering slot? Learn the Convenience of Replacing or Swapping Yourself by clicking here.
- ESL occurs every Sunday evening, 6:30-8:30 pm. If you would like to help out ESL, contact Colin Brewster by clicking here. Or check out the ESL webpage for more info by clicking here.
- Be Glad! Join us for Saturday Morning Prayer (Saturdays, 9 am, 826 Eglinton Ave E, upper room) and Morning Communion (1st and 3rd Sundays, 9:30 am, 826 Eglinton Ave E).
- Words to Hide in Your Heart. If you don’t have a Scripture reading and meditating plan, why not start with these weekly words to hide in your heart below? Or consider following the New City Catechism (our church is following it each week for a year). Check it out by clicking here.
“For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.” Colossians 5:21
“Grace to you and peace from God our Father.” Colossians 1:2