Please note a new section in our weekly updates, “Serving One Another.” As needs arise within our church, we will communicate opportunities to serve one another through prayer and . Thanks for being the body of Christ!
Serving One Another
- Please pray for Kim Cadeau. Praise: Kim is on the mend from her last procedure. Request: Please continue to pray for full recovery and for the procedure to be effective against her cancer.
- Please pray for Karen Walton as she continues to recover. The latest update: “Karen will be having weekly dilations (every Thursday) for 6 weeks. Please pray that these treatments will be successful in widening the passageway so that she can swallow food.”
- Please pray for Ryan Nicholas’ father as he undergoes corrective surgery for complications from his last surgery. And please pray for the family’s faith–that the Lord would use this valley to draw everyone closer to Christ.
Other News and Notes
- Ali Matthews Benefit Concert: An Evening in Support of Love A Village. When: This Saturday, March 16, 7 pm. Where: Founders Hall @ Peoples Church. Tickets: $15 through ticketwindow.ca or $20 at the door. See concert poster below.
- Save the Date: Duke of Kent Social! The next one is on Friday, April 12. Click here for more info.
- Easter is right around the corner! Let’s be praying for our friends and family who are not connected to church. Let’s pray for opportunities to invite them out to service at a time when people who usually don’t go to church are open to visiting.
- New Sermon Series: Growing Together–Becoming all we are meant to be by exalting Jesus for all he is meant to be! Missed last Sunday’s sermon? Fret not. You can catch up and listen to the sermon here. “Become your best self!” Self-actualization and self-development have cultic status in our culture. But when life’s stresses, sicknesses and the inevitability of death confront us, we are forced to admit that we are ultimately powerless to “become our best self.” How wonderful is it, then, that Jesus Christ holds out a guaranteed path to perfection through his gospel of grace? Join us on Sundays, February 24 to June 9 as we learn from the apostle Paul’s letter to the Colossians about how to become all that we were meant to be by exalting Jesus to all that he is preeminently meant to be in our lives!
- Sunday Worship Volunteers: Can’t make a confirmed volunteering slot? Learn the Convenience of Replacing or Swapping Yourself by clicking here.
- ESL occurs every Sunday evening, 6:30-8:30 pm. If you would like to help out ESL, contact Colin Brewster by clicking here. Or check out the ESL webpage for more info by clicking here.
- Be Glad! Join us for Saturday Morning Prayer (Saturdays, 9 am, 826 Eglinton Ave E, upper room) and Morning Communion (1st and 3rd Sundays, 9:30 am, 826 Eglinton Ave E).
- Words to Hide in Your Heart. If you don’t have a Scripture reading and meditating plan, why not start with these weekly words to hide in your heart below? Or consider following the New City Catechism (our church is following it each week for a year). Check it out by clicking here.
“…and giving joyful thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of his holy people in the kingdom of light.” Colossians 1:12
“For if, because of one man’s trespass, death reigned through that one man, much more will those who receive the abundance of grace and the free gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man Jesus Christ” Romans 5:17