Serving One Another
As needs arise within our church, we will communicate opportunities to serve one another through prayer and helping hands. Thanks for being the body of Christ!
- Please pray for the July Love A Village Mission Trip. The ball is rolling for a team of eight members, including five from Trinity Grace. Please pray for team unity, preparation, and fundraising. More details to come. Thanks!
- Please pray for Kim Cadeau. Praise: From Kim after her latest follow up: “Both doctors were quite happy with the results from the embolization. They said that the larger lesions are less dense than before the treatments. I understood that the embolization would kill some of the tumors, but that was never the intent, instead it was to slow down the growth of the larger lesions which it was successful in doing. Another thing I didn’t realize was that the effect of the embolization on the tumors is ongoing, so the next scan could show even more success. The tumor on my stomach has shown no signs of growth so the plan is to leave it for now. The future plan is to monitor the growth by having MRIs every four months and CTs occasionally. The hope is that a new drug will be found that will cause the tumors to shrink. I will be informed of any new drug as it becomes available. For now it is simply wait and see. I will attend the GIST clinic in Washington in September. There may be an opportunity for me to have additional tests done there and allow me to find out even more about my type of cancer. Thanks everyone for your love and concern, it is much appreciated. I am doing really well overall. I’m almost back to regular health and hope to return to work soon. Despite my health situation I feel extremely blessed and realize that I have so much to be thankful for.”
- Please pray for Karen Walton as she continues to recover. Please pray that her throat dilations will be successful in permanently widening the passageway so that she can swallow food, and return to a normal routine, including work.
- Please pray for Ryan Nicholas’ father. Please continue to pray for Ryan’s dad’s health–for the long road to recovery and ensuing surgery. Thanks for your prayers.
- Please pray for Joanne Baik. Please continue to pray for Joanne as she recovers from a grade 3 ankle sprain. She has progressed off the cast and crutches, but would appreciate prayers for full healing. Thanks.
Other News and Notes
- Save the Date: Duke of Kent Social is happening TODAY, Friday, May 10, 7-10 pm. This is a great opportunity to invite out friends. More info here.
- No Saturday Morning Prayer Tomorrow in light of Women’s New Community Breakfast.
- Heads Up: May Lunch Laugh Learn is Rescheduled to Sunday, May 26, in light of Mother’s Day next Sunday.
- Men, Save the Date! Men’s New Community Breakfast: Saturday, May 25, 2019, 9:15-11:30 am. RSVP here. Topic: Servant Leadership.
- Young Adults, Save the Date! Young Adults Retreat June 7-9, Fri-Sun. Register here.
- Save the Date: Picnic in the Park Sunday, June 23. Join us as we kick off the summer! This replaces our June Lunch Laugh Learn. Stay tuned for more details!
- Heads Up: Summer Break will be on for Lunch Laugh Learn and Saturday Morning Prayer for months of July and August.
- Sunday Worship Volunteers: Can’t make a confirmed volunteering slot? Learn the Convenience of Replacing or Swapping Yourself by clicking here.
- ESL occurs every Sunday evening, 6:30-8:30 pm. If you would like to help out ESL, contact Colin Brewster by clicking here. Or check out the ESL webpage for more info by clicking here.
- Be Glad! Join us for Saturday Morning Prayer (Saturdays, 9 am, 826 Eglinton Ave E, upper room) and Morning Communion (1st and 3rd Sundays, 9:30 am, 826 Eglinton Ave E).
- Words to Hide in Your Heart. If you don’t have a Scripture reading and meditating plan, why not start with these weekly words to hide in your heart below? Or consider following the New City Catechism (our church is following it each week for a year). Check it out by clicking here.
“And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever, even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, for he dwells with you and will be in you.” John 14:16-17
“Wives, submit to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord. 19 Husbands, love your wives, and do not be harsh with them.” Colossians 3:18-19